Houses are selling in the COLD!
What happened in real estate in the final quarter of 2018? Microsoft Word – 2018 Annual Real Estate Sales Rpt
Do we expect to see the Spring market of 2019 to follow the face paced sellers market we have experienced in the last four years?
I just posted two homes to the MLS and one now has an offer (3 days – sorry folks, 4305 Flyway Court in Northlake has an Accepted Offer) and the other on Pine Cone Circle: https://scwmls.paragonrels.com/publink/default.aspx?GUID=061b60ab-aefd-4cc6-94ea-ffe739b0470b&Report=Yes is on day two with 10 showings scheduled…. Yes, the cold temperatures are exhausting for all of us, but we still have to live…..and that means living in a home you love. Sell if the house is too large and you are sick of the cleaning and yard work….life is super short. LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE.
Something to consider: The Birschbach Team does not just take photos and post a listing. We pay for our homes to be staged (in some cases it is not necessary – some of you just love to decorate!)….but for most listed homes we have a professional stager do a complete tweak of the furniture and design features so the home has a lasting impression. Then we hire a professional photographer who spends time shooting a video and still photos of the house. This is at our cost. Listing a home is not easy and takes time and the resources of a team that really cares.
- If you want a buyer to fall in love with your home you need to prepare:
- Clean….my favorite homes are clean and tidy.
- Four recliners in the living room is just confusing….what is functional and necessary. And Fido’s dog pillow needs to be tucked away. I have had photos of the pets taken and buyers just love those photos but in the right environment!
- Dad’s urn on the fireplace mantle may not be the best display of art.
- Tone down the color……I love color but we need a clean, flowing house. Neutral tones are best and fresh paint always gives a clean impression
- Clean the carpet
- Wipe down cabinets and change the knobs if they are dated
- LED lighting is environmentally smart
- Pull the rugs out of the bathrooms and no toilet covers….best if the bath is sparkling clean.
- If you can have the windows washed ….. oh so wonderful!
- Please no Candles….if your home is clean you do not need a burning candle to better the smell.
And lastly, just for fun…..I am just loving some of the new fixtures on the market.
If you intend to sell your home in 2019 earlier is better….you have less competition now before the school season ends and families move/put their homes on the market. Data also suggests that staged homes sell 87% faster than non-staged homes. Staging is expensive and can’t always be accommodated within a seller’s timeframe. Make sure you are working with a professional realtor that offers staging and benefits that will present your home at its highest value.
The Birschbach Team stages homes to guarantee they look their best when they are listed.